BSI PAS 100 Soil Improver Compost
High Quality PAS 100 and Compost Quality Protocol certified 0-15mm Soil Improver Compost
We are producing high quality compost on our site and in July 2010 achieved the British Standards Institute's PAS 100 and Compost Quality Protocol mark's on our product and the processes we use on the green materials we receive. This is a highly recognised certification within the composting industry.
We are consistently having our compost tested to prove that it provides the following main benefits:
- 100% peat-free and contains a natural balance of trace elements
- Produced from fully recycled materials
- Excellent natural source of soil nutrients, trace elements & organic matter
- Encourages healthy plant and vegetable growth (analyses available)
- Improves moisture retention in light, sandy soils
- Improves the soil structure and workability of heavy clay soils
- Increases soil fertility
- Strengthens plants against attack by pests and disease
- Ideal for various garden growth methods
Flower & Vegetable Beds
Apply 25–50mm (1-2 inches) and fork in gently. For poor soil (or beds that have had intensive planting) dig it in to a depth of 150mm (6 inches).
Turf & Lawns
Apply 25-50mm (1-2inches) of compost to the prepared area and dig it in to a depth of 100mm (4 inches).
To revitalise your lawn, simply aerate the turf (make holes with a fork) then sprinkle a fine layer of compost on top and rake or brush it in so that the particles get through the grass to the soil.
Hanging Baskets, Potting and Bedding Plants
Mix 1 part compost with 3 parts soil or growing media for best results. Not suitable for ericaceous (acid-loving) plants.
Trees & Shrub Planting
Mix 2 parts soil to 1 part compost and line the base of the hole with 50mm of the soil/compost mix. Place the shrub or sapling in the centre of the hole, back fill with the remainder of the material and firm down.
Not suitable for:
Ericaceous (acid-loving) plants such as heathers, azalea, camellia, rhododendrons etc.
- 1 cubic metre will cover 40 M2 in area at 25 mm (1”) depth
- 1 cubic metre will cover 20 M2 in area at 50 mm (2”) depth
- 1 cubic metre will cover 13 M2 in area at 75 mm (3”) depth
- 1 cubic metre will cover 10 M2 in area at 100 mm (4”) depth
- 1 cubic metre will cover 6.5M2 in area at 150 mm (6”) depth
- 1 cubic metre will cover 5 M2 in area at 200 mm (8”) depth
Compost can be delivered to you:
- Loose from weights of 1 tonne and upwards
- In Dumpy Bags - for easier storage at your end
You can also collect compost from our site:
- Loose - any amount
- In Dumpy Bags
- In 50 Litre Sacks - ideal for individual use